Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My First Birthday Party!

On March 3, 2010, our beautiful baby turns ONE! I can hardly believe a year has passed since this angel came in to our lives.  This past Saturday we had a small Birthday party for Brady and it was such a treat!!  We went with a square root themed party since Brady was born on square root day!

Here were the invites:





Attendees were:
  • MeMe
  • Aunt Amanda
  • Nonnie
  • Nan Nan and GrandPooPaw
  • Big Papi
  • Uncle Chris
  • Robin, Jeremy, Emmi, Cade and Hallie Anne Gates
  • Sarah and Jeb Blake
Menu:
  • Texas Caviar
  • Prosciutto cups with pear, goat cheese and thyme
  • Poblano and Cheddar mini burgers on Nonnie's Homemade Potato rolls
  • Shoestring fries with parsley and kosher salt
  • Sweet Potato Gratins
  • Fresh fruit
  • Chocolate Covered Strawberries
  • Brenda's famous carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese icing
  • Sweet tea, unsweet tea, bottled water, and an assortment of ROOTbeer!
Getting ready for the party...before the food has been served.
    Brenda's famous carrot cake cupcakes..yum!
    Assortment of ROOTbeer:
    Chocolate Covered Strawberries...Brady style!
    Daddy letting me sample one of those ROOTbeers..delicious!
    12 months of Brady!





A BIG thank you to my dear and talented friend Meghan who made special food tags, flags, and straws for the party...and then was nice enough to send me the file so I could easily cut and paste the month tags and favor tags to match!!!  You are the best and so super creative...Thanks SO much!


I am so happy that my buddy JEB came to my party

I don't even mind sharing my MeMe with him

Hanging out with NanNan and GrandPooPaw

and Big Papi and my cool Uncle Chris

I am so happy that my Nonnie came and brought her delicious potato rolls and that my friend Emmi came...she made me laugh and giggle alot

Thank you Sissy for coming and spending the weekend with me..and taking me on walks and swinging me in the swing..and taking pictures at my party


Posing with Mommy and Daddy...almost cake time!

 I would really like to touch that candle!

This is interesting..never seen this before. 

Mmmm.

This is really good!  Mom you have been holding out on me!

He was SO cute...he would take a bite and then look at everybody and squeal really loud in between bites!  He was very excited to taste this novelty called SUGAR.

Is it time to get into the gifts yet?

Cade is checking out my cool card while I count my dough. 

I had a blast when Daddy put me in my new bag..thanks Blake family!

Emmi and I are playing with my new wooden blocks..she builds a tower and I get to knock it down..I love this game!

As the night comes to an end, Party Favors are handed out.

Wow..I am beat!
Thank you again to everyone who attended and helped out for my First Birthday.. you all made it extra special!!!

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRADY!!!

    Sommer, can't believe it's been a whole year! He is growing waaaayy too fast. Precious pictures! Love, love you blog!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, you guys did such a good job on the decor and the food!!!!! Happy B-day Brady!!!!!

    Hugs from GA,

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Brady Bug XXXX
    I think we have another big carrot cake fan...they looked awesome along with all the other party fun. Brenda & Randy

    ReplyDelete