Saturday, October 3, 2009

7 Months


Brady is 7 months old today. Time flies too fast. It has been an amazing journey watching him change and grow daily over this past month. He has started babbling constantly. His favorite string of sounds is dadadadadada... yesterday he said 'dada' twice while looking at Tim. It was surely an indiscriminate 'dada' but Timmy refuses to believe this and is certain Brady was talking just to him.... he was beaming!

Brady has also been busy cutting more teeth. He woke up Thursday morning with a new bottom tooth I didn't even realize he was cutting. He now has 6 teeth that have poked through the gums...3 bottom and 3 top. My little teething machine is starting to look like a baby Jack-o-lantern. Unfortunately, he won't sit still long enough for me to get a picture to post of these adorable little teeth.

Another big change is Brady's newfound separation anxiety and his wariness of strangers. He takes in strangers with BIG eyes and an abundance of caution.. takes a bit for him to warm up and smile. The separation anxiety is a different story and started about 3 weeks ago. When we drop him off at the church nursery he screams pretty darn big. The very first time he screamed much of the time and when I came to get him, he took one look at me and started wailing. He was mad and wanted me to know it.. about 30 seconds later he was giggling and playful...my little con artist!

I have also started MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). We meet twice a month and it has been great for me. However, I doubt the nursery folks would agree..In fact, this last week, I made them some "Cowboy Cookies" just as a bribe since I have the screaming kid. Got the idea from this great website Meghan introduced me too.. Thanks Meghan.. great resource since I think I will be doing quite a bit of bribery baking for the next couple of months.
My "Cowboy Cookies" used to bribe sweet, patient nursery workers:

1 comment:

  1. those turned out SOOOOO cute, sommer! I love it. I may have to steal this idea and give it a New England spin :) I can't wait to see you in only FOUR days!!!!

    ReplyDelete